Emborg Arabia has asked us to do a cooking challenge with our loved one to celebrate their #emborgjustaddlove campaign.
Please do check out the recipe video of my brother, Aflah and my son Arham cooking up this delicious chicken and spinach gravy in my kitchen.
If you would like to make it with your loved one or for your loved ones, here is the full recipe ingredients and instructions.
CREAMY GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN WITH SPINACH AND SUNDRIED TOMATOES
- 6 chicken thighs – bone-in and skin on
- 2 medium-sized potatoes quartered
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 tbsp Sun-dried tomatoes sliced thinly
- 1 cup milk, 1 cup heavy cream, and 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard (optional)
- 10 cubes Emborg whole leaf spinach
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ½ tsp thyme, ½ tsp oregano, ¼ tsp rosemary
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Crushed chilly pepper flakes, optional
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper, and sear in the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side till golden brown.
- Next, fry the potatoes till its nice and brown. They don’t need to cook completely. We are looking for a good golden brown colour on the chicken and potatoes.
- Melt the butter in the remaining cooking juices leftover in the pan. Add in the onion and garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute).
crumbled the stock cube with your fingers and add into the pan and saute.
- Mix all the wet ingredients (milk, cream, water and dijon mustard) in a jar and set aside.
- Once the onions have softened add the sliced sundried tomatoes, and the potatoes and the herbs and saute really well. Now place the chicken pieces skin side up around the pan.
- Now add the cream mix and bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook while stirring occasionally until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through. Make sure to lower the heat to avoid the sauce to separate.
- Add in the Emborg Whole leaf Spinach cubes and allow to wilt in the sauce.
- Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce and everything is cooked through.
Serve hot with some crusty bread or cooked pasta and steamed vegetables. This is a pretty rich, keto-friendly dish if you omit the potatoes. But it is definitely a meal on its own as it has the carbs, protein, and nutrients all in one pan.
Hope you enjoy this one-pot wonder just as we do 🙂