These are some decadent, best of both worlds kind of brownie cookies.
12 oz. / 340 gms Semi-sweet chocolate chips 60-70% cacao
1/2 cup (113gms) butter
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup chopped nuts of your choice (optional)
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Melt chocolate and butter in a large bowl over simmering water in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and well-combined.
Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
In the bowl of a stand mixer or use an electric beater to beat the eggs, sugars, vanilla, baking powder and salt on high speed 5 minutes, or until the batter is thick, light and creamy.
Reduce the speed to low, and pour in the melted chocolate until well-
combined. Remove the beater.
and then fold in flour and cocoa powder just until combined using a spatula.
Add nuts, if using, and chocolate chips. Stir in to combine.
Cover the batter, and chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 F/ 180 C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Or simply line with aluminium foil and grease the sheet.
Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop batter onto the prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. (around 45gms each)
Bake cookies 8-10 minutes. The cookie will look set at the edges but still be a little wet looking in the centre. Don’t overbake, or the cookies won’t be
crackly and fudgy.
The shiny, crackly crust will develop as the cookies cool on the baking
1. Use good quality chocolate.
2. It is important to beat the eggs and sugar really well for the crackly top.
3. The dough is pretty sticky. So Chill the dough for at least 30 mins in the fridge or 15 mins in the freezer.
4. You may blob the cookie dough into balls and freeze as well. Bake as an when required.
5. If using nuts, make sure to chop them quite well. You don’t want huge chunks in the cookies.
6. Store in an airtight container. Keeps well for a couple of weeks if it lasts 🙂